Saturday, October 13, 2007

A New Tea Room

I cannot tell you how excited I have been for the last two weeks. We were finally going to have tea room in our little town. I try to visit tea rooms whenever I go on a trip. Friends locally do the same. There are several tearooms within two hours or so of us, but nothing we can enjoy on a regular basis --- until now. Joy!! Joy!! Joy!!
So we went for lunch yesterday. Found out it was the day for the Ribbon Cutting and all the hoi-paloi were there along with the C of C and several other groups. Teas, scones, sweets, and a pasta dish buffet style. The tea was perfectly brewed ( I tried several types), the scones were heavenly (blueberry, apple, and {okay, not sure about the third}, and my friend said the pasta dish was really good. We sat, we talked, we enjoyed!! It was heavenly. Perfect!

Well, almost perfect. Okay, I am not hoi-paloi and the place was very 'elegant'. And it had an asian flair (even tho' they also sell reproduction antique french furniture). It just isn't my style. I have always wanted to open a Tea Room and sell teas and some antiques along with tea paraphenalia. That would be my dream. If I had had the money, I would have beat her to the punch, but......

We will go back when they are on a regular menu and see how they do. Our little town is ready for this now as we have many people relocated after Hurricane Katrina/Rita in 2005. I will watch and hope they are successful. Maybe that will be an omen for me in my even smaller town just across the river.

Good luck, Tea Room.

No comments: